Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Moving On....Again

Dear Judith,

The time has come for me to say goodbye to my life again. I'll be leaving camp tomorrow, after three months of living here. Again, I have to leave everything that I know and plunge into the unknown. I'm going back to Walla Walla University, but nothing will be the same as when I was there before. I'll be living off-campus with my mom, I'll have friends, I'll be working more than ever before. As I ponder my future, everyone else is playing Frustration around Douglas's and Darla's kitchen table.

Sam, Phillip, Jessica, and I have been hanging out nearly every night since I got back from Tennessee. We've experienced many adventures, and I'm sad to say goodbye to this laid-back portion of my life. Sam and Jessica will be at WWU with me, but Phillip has yet to decide where he will spend the next year.

Leaving camp reminds me of leaving Saipan. The ache has not yet left, and I feel it sincerely everyday. I'd like to say that I'm happy and enjoying life, but I can't forget about all the people and adventures that I have left behind. Perhaps someday, I will grow up and accept life's changes, but for now, I relish the pain that these memories bring.


Last Sabbath together

My last sunset in SPN


Looking out over Bonzai


Driving home after my last hang out with Michi

No comments: