Monday, November 24, 2008

Reconnecting

Dear Judith,

Sorry that I haven't written in a very long time. I keep meaning to, but something always distracts me. Work has been fun. We had two new kids yesterday. The little girl was adopted from Haiti, and she's adorable.
Today is the last day of elementary before Thanksgiving break, but I still get to work tomorrow. Then, at around 2:30, Amy, Rhonda, and I will leave the preschool, go to the airport, and get on a plane for Japan! I'm so incredibly excited to experience something new. After living in Saipan for 4 months, things start to feel a little mundane. That's not to say that I don't still love it, because I do, so very much.
My friend Angie, the kindergarten teacher, flew home on Friday. We plan to meet up with her in Narita while she waits for her connecting flight. I miss her though. She's one of my favorites.
Sabbath was a nice day. We had church and then a potluck at Susupe Beach Park, by the Grand Hotel and SCS. Ken and Crystal brought their new puppy, and she's so cute! Everyone was in the mood for a hike, except for me. My ankle was hurting and I didn't want to hurt it more before I go to Japan and walk everywhere. Everyone else hiked down to Bird Island and Amy and I went to Wing Beach. It was my first time and it was pretty cool. There were less sea cucumbers than at Pau Pau, which was nice because I hate them!
Anyway, I should start packing. I miss you and hope that life is beautiful for you!

1 comment:

Sean said...

Hey James! Missed you at dinner yesterday, but hey don't feel bad--I would have skipped out on Thanksgiving at my house to go to Japan too (In fact I almost did when I went back 06, much to Barbara's dismay).