Thursday, January 8, 2009

My First Week Back

Dear Judith,

Well, I'm finally done with this work week, and it's a good thing for everyone involved. My patience was quite short this week, and my poor kids suffered the worst of it. It didn't help that most of them were getting readjusted to the school schedule and couldn't stop running wild. Still, I've finished this week loving each of them more than when I started.

Banana, Beckham, Bunny, Ricky, and a few others are still on vacation. Not having them around makes my class feel empty, though I must admit that it is nice to only have 11 kids as opposed to 16. Some of them will be back next week, some the week after, but Bunny won't be back until February. I'm so depressed about that. I mean, Bunny is my girl! She went to Korea for a month, and to make matters even worse, Clean Laundry is closed until she gets back, so I have to go to Washland (by Subway in Chalan Kanoa) and no one there is as friendly.

I've been really tired this week, which is either due to my coming cold or is causing it. I've been in bed by 8 almost every night.

All the other teachers are back, but Barbara has a fever, so she cancelled staff retreat that was supposed to be this weekend. I'm okay with it, because I'm not ready to stay up past 8:30 p.m.

I got the stuff that you sent for me! Thank you so much. I love the little book of positive thoughts. You are so sweet. Is there anything that I can send you from here? Anything that you miss? I mean, besides the people.

I love you Judith!!! Hope you're having a great 2009 so far!

1 comment:

Secret Gardener said...

You're so welcome, sweet lady. If you could send me all the love that resides on that little island, I'd take it, but otherwise, I will just swim in the memories this morning and call it good.

Be well, my friend! Hang in there, I know it's exhausting, but know you are supported and loved!