Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Going Home





Dear Judith,

I love love love the show "The Biggest Loser". I think it's so inspiring to watch the transformations of these people who so desperately want and need to drastically change their lives. This week's episode, however, was a hard one for me to watch.





One team won the opportunity to go home for a week. As I watched these strangers arrive at home and hug their children, I closed my eyes and pictured myself going home to Saipan, hugging my children, the ones with whom I connected so strongly. I would give absolutely anything to be with them again. They are the most important people in my life, despite the great physical distance between us. I think about them everyday, I relive our times together, and picture them growing up, as I know they are.




I wish I could go home.



1 comment:

Sean said...

I love that show too. I always find myself getting embarrassingly choked up watching it. Last week, the finalist ran in a marathon. It was unbelievable what they'd accomplished. I know what it is to complete a marathon, and some of them finished faster than I did!

. . .and I want to go home too. . .